Reader: God, you do see; you see every trouble, every cause for grief; you will hear the desire of the meek; you will strengthen their heart, you will incline your ear to do justice for the orphan and the oppressed, so that those from earth may strike terror no more. ~ Psalm 10
Leader: God of life, truth and freedom, we come into your presence and ask you to hear us as we pray…
Our response is: Liberate them from oppression
- For child laborers, child soldiers and children exploited in pornography, we pray: R.
- For young girls and women exploited on the streets: R.
- For all men, women and children enslaved, betrayed and abandoned: R.
Our Response is: May justice reign in our day
That the perpetrators and organizers of human trafficking turn away from their unjust ways, we pray: R.
- That the millions of people trafficked will experience freedom :R.
- That government leaders, corporate directors and all that serve the public will address the systems that make human trafficking possible: R.
Our response is: We come as a people of hope
We believe in hope that working together as a community we can Stop the Demand for human trafficking. R.
- We are strengthened by what we have learned and commit to act on behalf of justice: R.
- We are chosen, we are called and we are committed to Stop the Demand and end human trafficking: R.
All: God, give us the wisdom and courage to stand in solidarity, so that together we will find ways to the freedom that is your gift to all of us.