Las Posadas, a ceremonial celebration of Mary and Joseph’s journey to Bethlehem, was begun at Mission San Jose in 1982. The event is co-sponsored by Fremont Cultural Arts Council and the Mission San Jose.
Each night we process to a local business or site while singing Christmas carols. When we arrive we re-enact Joseph looking for a room at the Inn. Once the “innkeeper” invites us inside, there will be a short entertainment program provided by Fremont Cultural Arts members, and the host site will provide light refreshments.
Please note we meet on the front porch of Old Mission San Jose Museum building, 43300 Mission Blvd., Fremont, at 6 p.m. and by 6:15 p.m. we will leave for our host destination.
Dress warmly and bring a flashlight to read the song sheets.
- Sunday, December 15 – Convent of the Dominican Sisters (AAAAHZ by Jim Burris – Traditional Christmas)
- Monday, December 16 – Cheese Taster Deli – (Christmas Sing-Along)
- Tuesday, December 17 – Convent of the Holy Family Sisters (First United Methodist Church Choir – Religious Christmas)
- Wednesday, December 18 – Olive Hyde Art Gallery (Band of Gold with Billy Smith annd Knuti Van Hoven – Classic Pop Songs of the Season)
- Thursday, December 19 – Mission Coffee (Kristen Del Rio, Soprano – Classic Christmas)
- Friday, December 20 – Museum of Local History (Sharon Xavier de Sousa, Soprano – Christmas Past Present & Future!)
- Saturday, December 21 – Flower Pavilion (Connie Chew, Soprano – Holiday and Italian Songs)
- Sunday, December 22 – Tavares Realty (Center Stage Singers – Contemporary and Traditional Christmas Standards)
- Monday, December 23 – Old Mission San Jose (entertainment by Mission; Instead of refreshments there will be a pinata for the children)
For more information call 510-657-1797, ext. 106