DAY 6 Together… we seek to be in agreement
Judges 4:1-9 If you go with me, I will go
Psalm 34:1-14 Seek peace, and pursue it
1 Corinthians 1:10-15 Be united in the same mind and the same purpose
Luke 22:24-30 A dispute also arose among them
Three points for reflection
- The disunity described in 1 Corinthians 1:12-13 reflects a distortion of the gospel, undermining the integrity of the message of Christ. To acknowledge conflict and division, as Chloe’s people did, is the first step to establishing unity.
- Women like Deborah and Chloe raise a prophetic voice among God’s people in times of conflict and division, confronting us with the need to be reconciled. Such prophetic voices may enable people to gather in renewed unity for action.
- As we strive to be united in the same mind and the same purpose, we are called to seek the Lord and his peace as the psalmist wrote.
- Can you remember an occasion when the prophetic naming of a painful church disagreement was the beginning of a renewed struggle towards greater unity?
- What issues still cause divisions among us as an ecumenical body? What paths do you see towards greater unity?
Loving God, you give us prophetic witnesses in times of conflict and division.
When we seek you, Lord, send us your Holy Spirit to make us artisans of
reconciliation, united in the same mind and the same purpose. Through Jesus
Christ our Lord, we pray. Amen.